Over this past weekend we have had three cars broken into, one of them had a second garage remote so then the perpetrators' got into the second car parked in the garage. Fortunately the inside garage door was locked.
Safety tips from DPD (Denver Police Dept.) as Mayfair has been hit hard lately.
- Keep your vehicle locked up (even when parked in front of your home).
- Don’t leave anything of value in the vehicle; take them with you or lock in the trunk. This is especially true for a purse, IPod, GPS, computer case, or money.
- Keep your house key and vehicle key separate.
- Remove your garage door opener from your vehicle when parked in your driveway or on the street.
- Always keep a copy of your vehicle registration, license number and VIN on you.
- Do not warm up your vehicle in the morning without you being in it.
- Park your vehicle in areas that are highly visible and well lit.
- Never hide a second set of keys inside your vehicle.
- Approach your parked vehicle from the passenger side - this gives you the opportunity to observe under your vehicle while walking.
- Before entering your vehicle, look inside of your vehicle front and back area for suspicious circumstances.
Please contact the DPD non emergency number 720.913.2000 after the fact or if you see something happening please call 911.
Your Board Directors,
Brian, Morris, & Louis